Advanced Practice Provider II/UKHC
The Advanced Practice Provider II/UKHC position will serve as a member of the Pediatrics healthcare team to enhance support for patients, families, providers and staff in the Forensic Pediatrics program at UK HealthCare. This newly created position, functioning as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, will be critical to ensuring children who have suspected abuse/neglect receive the necessary medical treatment. In addition to providing direct patient care in the inpatient setting, this role also provides clinical coverage in the ambulatory setting.
The Advanced Practice Provider II works in collaboration with, and is an integral member of, a multidisciplinary health care team. This person will work closely with the other providers, RN, social worker, clinical staff, DCBS and other agencies to respond and manage cases of suspected/confirmed abuse.
Advanced Practice Provider II/UKHC
Advanced Practice Provider
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/walking for long periods of time.
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5pm and additional hours as necessary based upon crisis situations and inpatient coverage.
Excellent patient care skills in ambulatory and inpatient setting; excellent oral and written communication skills; attention to detail; strong overall computer skills; ability to handle sensitive issues.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer experience working directly with children who have been abused. SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) certification preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * Do you have a current SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) certification for forensic nursing?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid, full-time employment experience working with pediatric patients.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter