RESOURCE TECHNOLOGIST B/C
Duties: The University of Pennsylvania Vector Core is a state of the art facility which provides vectors and vector-related services in support of basic, preclinical and translational research. The Core is currently accepting applications from candidates interested in the production and purification of viral based vectors. The Resource Technologist B/C will be responsible for the production and purification of research grade and/or GMP process-comparable viral vectors for IND-enabling/Pharmacology/Toxicology studies. Specifically, the Resource Technologist B will be responsible for the production and purification of research grade vectors for basic, preclinical and translational studies; the Resource Technologist C will be responsible for the production and purification of both research as well as GMP process-comparable vectors for Pharmcology/Toxicology studies. The Resource Technologist B/C will report directly to the Associate Director of the Vector Core.
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: * Resource Technologist B: BSc and at least 3 years of relevant laboratory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required.
* Resource Technologist C: Master's degree and 3 - 5+ years relevant laboratory experience , or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required.
* Tissue-culture experience preferred
* Knowledge of molecular biology and/or biochemical methods (column chromatography) preferred
* Independent thinker, meticulous, detail-oriented, and analytical
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent oral/written communication skills required
Reference Number: 40-30322
Salary Grade: 026/027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research