7 Columbia Circle Albany, NY 12203
Closing Date: November 30, 2018
The Admissions Representative is a front line, entry level student service position that focuses on inquiry outreach. The Admissions Representative Team is primarily responsible for providing a positive and pleasant experience to new inquiries to the College. The Admissions Representatives are responsible for timely outbound calls to new inquiries, with the goal of qualifying and then connecting them with an Admissions Counselor. The position requires a positive and caring commitment to provide exceptional service, and an understanding of Excelsior College's degree programs, policies, and services offered.
- The Admissions Representatives will work as a team to complete a high volume of outbound calls to new inquiries.
- Work closely with the Admissions Counselor, Student Support Specialists, Directors, and Executive Director of Admissions.
- Work collaboratively with Admissions Counselors to ensure a seamless student experience.
- Communicate with prospective students, via phone, email, and chat.
- Trained and coached to have a general understanding of Excelsior college, programs, processes, tuition and fees, and other key information.
- The Admissions Representatives should possess excellent communications skills, attention to detail, and ability to remain focused while completing high volume, repetitive tasks.
- The Admissions Representatives supports all functions and initiatives within the Office of Admissions.
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
- Stay current with knowledge and use of Excelsior College's Student Information System (SIS), telephony system, and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assist with other student re-engagement activities, as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the needs of 03S.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in higher education and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning to a diverse adult student population
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in Admissions and/or in a Communication Center preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high-energy office and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with all colleagues
- Ability to master and assimilate a large amount of information about academic offerings with accuracy and detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word&Excel
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are essential
- Ability to work weekday evenings until 8:00pm and Saturdays
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information atjobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: