Mental Health Counselor/Coordinator
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Mental Health Counselor for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Mental Health Counselor/Coordinator
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 2YMH01
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $57,665 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
Department Counseling and Guidance
The duties below are representative of the position and not intended to cover all of the duties performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a logical assignment. All assignments and work schedules can include day and evening hours and are created by the Dean of Counseling.
1. Clinical Responsibilities
- Provide students with Mental Health Counseling and referrals to campus and community mental health agencies.
- Provide intake, evaluation, and brief Mental Health Counseling.
- Provide students with crisis intervention and emergency response.
- Work in triage with Counseling Division, Student Health Center, Campus Safety, and Mental Health Task Force.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with and provide referral services to Faculty, Classified Professional, and Administrators.
- Maintain all client records and reports.
2. Mental Health Coordination Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Mental Health Task Force in the coordination of the MFT internship program. This may include the recruitment and hiring of interns, the provision of individual and group supervision, and the coordination/facilitation of intern trainings.
- Work collaboratively with the Mental Health Task Force, and the Health Center personnel in the development of Mental Health policies and procedures; planning and execution of Mental Health related events and in-service workshops; and the development and implementation of outreach programs and prevention services.
- Attend weekly Mental Health Task Force meetings and other Student Service meetings and events as required.
- Manage Mental Health intake process and waitlist.
- Collaborate with Mental Health Task Force in completing Program Review, the development of the intern handbook, and the creation of other collateral materials.
3. PSCN 85 Externship Coordinator
- Participate in Human Services Advisory Board.
- Support externship students with volunteer site placement.
- Support development of new externships with Community Based Organizations.
4. Instructional Responsibilities
- Instruct Psychology-Counseling courses based upon rotational seniority.
5. Other Responsibilities
- Attend General Counseling Division meetings.
- Pursue professional development activities.
- Participate in Shared Governance.
Minimum Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Experience in providing psychological services, teaching and/or counseling in an educational institution.
2. Experience in crisis intervention and management.
3. Knowledge, background, sensitivity and ability to provide Mental Health Counseling services to a diverse student population widely differing in age, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability/disability, and socio-economic and documentation status.
4. Knowledge of community health and social service resources and experience making appropriate referrals.
5. Experience in supervising and mentoring MFT Associates.
6. Knowledge and ability to consult effectively with Faculty, Classified Professionals and Administrators regarding students with serious personal, family or psychological issues as well as incidents of disruptive behavior on campus.
7. Experience in creating, presenting and/or facilitating professional development workshops.
8. Ability to demonstrate planning and organization skills.
Master's in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy or marriage, family and child counseling,
At least two years of clinical experience and ability to meet appropriate supervision requirements as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Psychologist.
OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A bachelor's degree in one of the listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before January 1, 2019 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Spring 2019.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F73P
Open Date 11/06/2018
Close Date 12/04/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER