Description of Position
Diablo Valley College is seeking a full-time (30 lecture hours/week), tenure track academic position in Counseling to begin August 2019. This Counselor will serve as the college Articulation Officer. The successful applicant will be well qualified to provide academic, career and personal counseling services utilizing a variety of counseling strategies/methods, teach department courses and to coordinate the articulation function on a college-wide basis.
Diablo Valley College
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
1. Master€™s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling (Note: A bachelor€™s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.); OR
2. A valid California community college instructor credential authorizing full-time counseling; OR
3. The equivalent. (If you believe you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency petition form contained in the online application.)
NOTE: If your degree does not EXACTLY match those listed in #1 above, you must complete the enclosed equivalency application. Failure to do so will disqualify your application.
1. Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion as well as sensitivity to and understanding of the socioeconomic, academic, cultural, sexual/gender identities, physical and/or learning abilities, linguistic, and ethnic diversity within the community college population.
2. Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development; innovation and improvement of counseling and teaching; and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the counseling department in a shared governance environment.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in various technologies and web resources related to articulation.
4. Demonstrated experience assisting students in developing a plan to achieve an educational and/or career goal (e.g. career/technical education, transfer, etc.).
5. Demonstrated experience teaching career planning, college orientation, college success, or other courses and workshops.
6. Demonstrated knowledge/experience dealing with current issues in California community college articulation.
7. Demonstrated experience in curriculum/program development.
Special Instructions to Applicants
If you do not possess the required educational degrees and are applying under the equivalency process, you bear the responsibility of submitting the District€™s Equivalency Application. You can download the equivalency form from this web link: http://www.4cd.edu/career/forms/MASTER%27S%20DEGREE%20EQUIVALENCY%20-%20Supplemental%20for%20Academic%20Position%20Application%20Requiring%20Degree.pdf
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.