The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented work force to support our common purposed of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRRECT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the word.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division- Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership- which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Project Manager oversees planning, implementation, and tracking of a variety of projects to ensure the successful development, completion, and implementation of Development Resources projects and initiatives. Oversees the project management of the division’s development database system.
1. Defines the scope of projects associated with division operations projects including project management of developments constituent database system.
2. Works directly with the AVP of Development Resources in defining the objectives and measures upon which projects will be evaluated at its completion.
3. Determines the resources required to complete each project.
4. Establishes and documents comprehensive project plans and timelines, which identify and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete projects.
5. Works with teams to develop estimates, budgets and timelines.
6. Reviews project schedules with leadership and other staff that will be impacted by the project activities.
7. Monitors the progress of the projects and makes adjustments to ensure successful completion.
8. Consults with the appropriate leadership on the selection of staff to assist with projects.
9. Assigns project task to the identified project team for handling.
10. Serves as a liaison for internal contacts related to development resources project implementations.
11. Ensures all project personnel receive orientation and training appropriate to the project.
12. Reviews the quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that work produced meets project standards.
13. Documents and archives all project-related activities, and ensures project files are maintained and secured accordingly.
14. Assists those working on development resources projects in managing and prioritizing workloads.
15. Creates a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of projects.
16. Identifies and coordinates with third party vendors for the completion of scheduled work.
17. Prepares presentations and presents status reports for leadership.
18. Recognizes issues, adjusts, and reports as needed.
19. Manages changes to project scope, schedule, and costs and offer solutions when necessary.
20. Identifies opportunities for improvements from final project status meetings to apply to future projects.
21. Ensures that work is being accomplished and completed in compliance with University of Miami policies and procedures.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Minimum of five years of effective and relevant work experience is required. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered.
• Knowledge of database systems along with business and management principles with experience using project management and reporting tools, the ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations plus the skill to effectively plan, delegate, and/or supervise the work of others is essential.
• They need to have the ability to manage effective interpersonal relationships and to work in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment along with ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100045120
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>