Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit
Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit
Job Number: 81075
Business Title: Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit
Job Title: Registrar 1 Job Code: 7602 Salary Level: I Schedule: Full Time (100% FTE)
Appointment Duration: Fixed Term ending 8/31/2019, with the possibility of converting to continuing on 9/1/2019 based on funding and operational need.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
The Student and Academic Services is proud to be part of Student Affairs, which advances student development and learning; fosters community engagement; promotes diversity, inclusion and respect; and empowers students to thrive.
The Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit, oversees the daily operation of one of more core functions within the Office of the University Registrar; course scheduling, degree progress, undergraduate and graduate admissions or records. Provide leadership to plan, organize and manage the daily operations of the University/School Registrar's Office, including degree audit implementation and maintenance, academic policy and serving as the official authorized keeper of the university's student records. Identify, clarify, and resolve highly visible or complex issues with substantial significance and impact that may span multiple areas, using expert technical and professional knowledge requiring independent judgment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of degree audit requirements gathering, encoding, and testing at a higher education institution
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in implementing and maintaining a degree audit system
- Expert communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and all levels of management.
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills to review and analyze complex information.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Demonstrated skills in managing and developing staff.
- Experience with PeopleSoft student information system preferred (Campus Solutions).
Certifications and Licenses: None PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
Finalist candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background check.
Experience a culture of excellence.
Stanford University, located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency