Food Service Worker III-Cook-50%
Food Service Worker III-Cook-50%
Job Number: 81054
The anticipated shift is based on the operational needs and can change at any time with notice.
Sunday- Thursday 4:00pm-8:00pm
ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:
Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $206 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 660 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
“Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, “Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”
I. Summary of PositionCooks prepare all foods, and in doing so, make decisions regarding the quality of produce, portioning of ingredients, seasoning and attractiveness of the final product. In addition to the preparation of specific menu items, Cooks (working from standardized recipes and daily production sheets provided by management) order supplies from the storerooms, pre-pare menu items for following meals and store leftover food. They may substitute menu selections within guidelines established by management. II. Essential Job Functions
- Welcome and connect with every customer to provide excellent customer service.
- Prepares an extensive variety of hot or cold meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking on a grill, oven, or in a variety of kitchen equipment. Cold food items include salads, salad dressings, cold plates, sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres.
- Test food items for proper texture, temperature, doneness, and flavor.
- Prepare hot and cold food for meals according to recipes and directions.
- Responsible for preparing, cooking, plating and serving of hot and cold starters and appetizers.
- Assist in determining amounts to be prepared, including starting amounts and batch sizes.
- Washes, peels, chops, slices, dices and mixes vegetables and fruits and other ingredients for salads, cold plates and garnishes.
- Carves and slices cold meats, cheese and prepares seafood. Prepares composite salads.
- Read recipes and follow instructions to make sure food is prepared with excellent quality, correctly and on-time.
- Check food supplies needed to ensure availability. Order supplies from storeroom when needed.
- Prep for the following day. Ensure food is prepared, labeled and ready for use.
- Complete production records at meal time. Report production counts in production sheet.
- Assists in food prep during off-peak periods.
- Record last minute menu changes.
- Order supplies from storeroom and prepare menu items
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area.
- Washes and cleans all utensils, preparation equipment, counters required for production in the pantry area.
- Ensures that sanitation and food handling safety standards are followed and maintained.
- Adhere to Uniform guidelines and personal hygiene standards.
- Communicate clearly with management and other personnel. Bring issues to their attention if needed for resolution. Ensure accurate information is provided to a management.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Complete other duties as assigned within classification. Follow established guidelines for personal hygiene and personal attire. Comply with required food safety, sanitation and health standards.
V. Physical Requirements:Ability to stand for prolonged periods, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items. Physical agility critical to perform essential job functions. Lift up to 25 lbs pounds must have manual dexterity. Ability to work around hot equipment (stoves, grills, ovens).Working Conditions and Frequency of Occurrence:
- Extreme Temperature Changes (10%-30%)
- Walking (30%-60%)
- Standing (50%-80%)
- Sitting (10%-20%)
- Bending (10%-50%)
- Squatting (10%-20%)
- Hand and Finger Dexterity (10%-40%)
- Reaching (10%-50%)
- Climbing (10%-20%)
- Noise (90%-100%)
- Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling
- Up to 10 Pounds (30%-60%)
- Up to 25 Pounds (20%-50%)
- Up to 50 Pounds (10%-20%)
- Over 50 Pounds (5%-10%)
"Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job."
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency