Job Number: 81053
ABOUT RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. R&DE has an annual operating budget of over $270 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. R&DE comprises 1100+ staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost (SAVP), Student Housing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology, Maintenance Operations and Capital Projects, and Strategic Communications.
“Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, “Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”
- Produce high quality work that meets established standards.
- Reports to work in a timely manner as scheduled.
- Complies with all safety procedures
- Efficiently communicates verbally and/or in writing.
- Is a team player.
- Valid California driver's license.
- Ability to perform at journey person level in the carpentry trade.
- Knowledge of all building codes in his/her trade.
- Must be able to operate two-way radio for communication.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Wears protective equipment and clothing as needed.
- Operates power tools utilizing safe work practices.
- Must be capable of learning and applying safe work practices, including but not limited to: hazardous waste management and handling, Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Confined Space procedures, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and chemical safe practices.
- Ability to perform various maintenance and moving tasks including, but not limited to: work from step ladders, must be able to lift heavy materials frequently each day, work overhead, kneel, stoop, stand, crawl, or sit for long periods of time, work in all types of weather.
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities. Respond to emergency calls at night and on weekends.
- Willing to work variable shifts at night or on weekends.
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency