Job Number: 81041
Job Code: 4751
Job Grade: G
Cardiac Surgery Satellite Research Assistant Position
The Division of Cardiac Surgery in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery has a long tradition of major contributions in medical research and education, as well as a strong commitment to quality clinical care delivery. With an impressive number of sponsored research studies being conducted by our group at any given time, this position offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and professional team member. We are seeking a full time Research Assistant to work on clinical, public health, social science, and translational research projects involving cardiac surgery and cardiovascular patients.
The research assistant will be proficient in obtaining, cleaning, transforming, validating or modeling data from various resources with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision-making purposes. The assistant must be proficient in computers systems, data management concepts, database structures, experienced in data mining, and possess strong communication skills. Basic medical and/or surgical background/knowledge will be a plus.
- Develops clinical databases for collecting data, designing data input or data collection systems.
- Imports, cleans, transforms, validates and models data to achieve understanding and conclusions from the data to inform decisions.
- Maintains appropriate records of research methods and results.
- Assists in proposal writing and funding searches.
- Prepares data use agreements, Institutional Review Board document submission, and performs regulatory maintenance (audits, revisions)
- Performs manuscript preparation and submission.
- Maintains research meeting calendar and submission deadlines and assists with monthly divisional research meeting
- Provide students and resident research project support
- Ability to utilize statistical tools such as Excel, SAS, SPSS and others for data analysis.
Bachelors' degree in Public Health, and extensive experience with scientific writing, literature search/review, and familiarity with using databases; Master's preferred.
Preferred 2 years of experience with proven skills in research design, analysis, or project management and experience in data analysis. Some medical/surgical background would be a plus.
- Experience in a health care environment
- Experience with EPIC electronic medical record and/or other electronic databases
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency