Job Number: 80992
Job Family: Administration; Job Series: Customer Service Specialist
Job Code: 4624; Salary Grade: F
Career Level: 4; Exemption Classification: Exempt
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Aquatics, the Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for managing the lifeguard staff and safety operations for the Avery Recreation Pool and the Avery Aquatic Center within Stanford Recreation and Wellness. This position ensures the highest level of service is provided to the Stanford community in aquatics services. Duties include staff management, training, maintaining service standards, facility oversight, scheduling, aquatic classes and special events.
Staff Management (60%)
- Supervises the lifeguard staff for Recreation and Wellness. Provide leadership to student and contingent employees.
- Responsible for the daily management of lifeguards, including the staff recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, scheduling, motivation and retention of student and contingent personnel.
- Develop and implement orientation program for new staff.
- Create employee handbook and polices.
- Plan, organize and facilitate monthly in-service training. Ensure employees have proper up to date training certifications for lifeguarding, CPR and first aid.
- Complete quarterly evaluations, and if needed, disciplinary action for personnel.
- Advance personnel as well as organize educational development and provide on-going performance feedback.
- Ensures customer encounters are courteous, respectful and efficient.
Program Management (20%)
- Oversee the day to day activity of the pools.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend changes to the policies and procedures relating to the operations of Aquatics, with constant regard to the Recreation strategic plan.
- Assist with the implementation of facility policies and procedures to include facility access, emergency action plans, and standard operating procedures.
- Inspect facility for maintenance, janitorial and fire safety issues.
- Ensure pool facilities are compliant with federal, state, and county public health and safety regulations.
- Assist with the inventory and maintenance of equipment related to the lifeguards and facility emergency preparedness.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Manage and troubleshoot operations as it pertains to Rec Swim.
- Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures to include facility access, emergency action plans, and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed in accordance with established service and safety standards in recreation and aquatics programs and swimming pool operations.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with University and/ or community representatives and other regular contacts
- Serves on Recreation and Wellness, DAPER, and campus committees as directed.
- Represent Stanford Recreation and Wellness at campus events, such as New Student Orientation, department programs, fairs, athletic events, program registrations, greet and serve as a resource.
- Assists other Recreation and Wellness staff as necessary
- Performs as a member of a high quality team and promotes teamwork in all interactions within the organization
- May act as supervisor in supervisor's absence.
Administrative Responsibilities (20%)
- Develop and analyze feedback loops in the form of surveys and customer response forms.
- Track facility usage data, create reports and recommend alternative solutions.
- Investigate, document and report complaints regarding all aspects of operations including customer service, safety/security and staff issues.
- Process semimonthly payroll in accordance with department and University policy and procedures.
- Assist with the scheduling of special events, group visits and club sports.
- Assist with the communication, outreach and marketing of all aquatic programs including lifeguard classes and CPR/AED and first aid training.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's degree in the field of recreation, kinesiology or related field preferred).
- Candidate must have a minimum of four years of relevant aquatic and pool operations experience or combination of education and relevant experience (in campus recreation preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in training instructional and aquatics staff.
- Knowledge or ability to learn how to create training videos, webinars, and manuals.
- Strong computer skills such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities in order to perform a high volume of detailed work with constant interruptions.
- Ability to use proper judgment around maintaining equipment while considering and working around a highly populated area.
- Ability to be resourceful and creative in problem solving while not sacrificing quality or safety of environment.
- Demonstrates leadership traits including effective communication, supervisory skills, and the ability to manage workflow.
- Excellent customer service experience and a proven ability to meet performance standards.
- Knowledge or ability to learn how to collects feedback from surveys and summarize data.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to use authority, knowledge and judgment to effectively respond to complicated requests.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to learn policies and procedures and correctly provide that information to customers and use information to make sound decisions
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including work scheduling, quality assurance, monitoring of activities, and supervision of personnel.
- Knowledge of current risk management practices in recreational facilities and student management strategies.
Certifications and Licenses
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding.
- Must obtain within six months of hire: Certified Pool Operator (CPO), Lifeguard Instructor (LGI), First Aid Instructor, and CPR/AED Instructor
- Ability to exert physical effort, including the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, bending, squatting, reaching, or being on feet for long periods of time.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Routine work during normal business hours, evenings and weekends. May need to work occasional extended hours.
- Requires 24-hour response availability seven days a week for emergency situations.
- May be exposed to noise > 80dB TWA.
- May work at heights 4-10ft.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Location: Recreation and Wellness, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency