Operator Services Center Manager
Operator Services Center Manager
Job Number: 80989
Job Code: 4142 Grade: K
Stanford University IT (UIT) Operator Services Center (OSC) is a 24/7/365 operation that provides call and paging support for information and directory calls, medical and facility emergencies, and on-call critical response team schedules and contacts.
The Operator Services manager serves customers by planning and implementing call center strategies and operations; improving systems and processes and managing staff. These include implementation of metric and service-defined objectives, collaboration with technical support to maintain and improve support tools, and establishment and maintenance of client relationships to set expectations, grow the business and develop service models that meet client needs.
Call Center Operations Manager Job Duties:
STRATEGIC PLANNING LEADERSHIP
- Develop and direct strategic plans, including multi-year business plans to improve client satisfaction and grow the business
- Identify and resolve strategic issues that affect the overall functioning beyond the immediate unit, consult and advise senior leadership. Oversee allocation of all resources
- Develop and maintain client needs assessment, cost/benefits analysis, capacity planning, etc.
SERVICE OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP
- Manage 36 bargaining unit staff and 2 supervisors
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Formulate internal administrative policies, guidelines and procedures. Direct process improvement for organization
- Meets call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Write client service level agreements and develop service-pricing models
- Evaluate performance of paging, phone and reporting systems; troubleshoot, test, and advise on best practices, create procedures and planning for upgrades and outages; evaluate new technologies and collaborate on technology implementations, upgrades, and modifications
- Identify and resolve problems; prepare and complete action plans.
- Review and analyze unit metrics. Continually evaluate operational structure using metrics, call monitoring, and client feedback, to ensure an effective and efficient service model
- Maintain and improve call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades
- Direct staff and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the organization and the day-to-day operations. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, skills training, career coaching and professional development, and performance management
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organizational structure and programs to ensure success, development of employees and appropriate use of staff resources
SERVICE AND ORGANIZATIONAL REPRESENTATION
- Develop and maintain client relationships by representing the services offerings and setting performance expectations
- Represent the organization's business operations and administrative affairs within the organization, the university and/or outside constituencies. May represent the organization to external constituencies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for a fast pace, 24/7/365 call center operations and metrics, coupled with a high standard for customer service. H/she will lead by example, demonstrating professionalism, accountability, positive outlook, solution focus, and a drive to ask “why?”. The candidate will be resourceful, work well in a collaborative environment, and enjoy their work.
- Calm and helpful resolution of client escalations
- Skilled presenter, able to deliver messaging as well as lead conversations and working sessions
- Exceptional prioritization, organizational and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail, while maintaining flexibility with ever-changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain critical processes and procedures
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills to effectively manage a diverse service center
- Strong documentation skills, noting dates, times, and narratives
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience
- Four (4) or more years working in a fast paced 24/7/365 call center environment
- Supervisory experience of a non-exempt bargaining unit staff is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Healthcare industry, including critical code communications and HIPAA laws and regulations
- Previous project management responsibilities, preferably in correlation with a telecom system migration or upgrade
- Demonstrated ability with the call center platform (Avaya and Cisco) and reporting; any experience with paging or AMCOM would be exceptional
- Power-user level skills in Excel, Word and Google Drive
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” work ethic that drives you to be engaged and solution oriented
- Consistently meets deadlines
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Business Affairs, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency