Construction QA / QC Field Inspector
Construction QA / QC Field Inspector
Job Number: 80975
Construction QA/QC Field Inspector
Welcome to Land, Buildings & Real Estate
Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is the operational core of Stanford University's physical campus. LBRE constructs and maintains the Stanford campus, where advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. Our work is founded upon the collective value of dedication, innovation, expertise, teamwork, and continuous improvement. We are committed to serving the university's academic mission, as well as preserving and enhancing Stanford's 8,180 acres, and pride ourselves on supporting the teaching and research of the university as “Caretakers of a Legacy."
Who we are:
The Department of Project Management (DPM) is responsible for the development, design and construction of major capital projects at Stanford University. DPM reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Projects and Operations within LBRE, and currently includes a staff of professionals with backgrounds in architecture, engineering, construction and cost management. These professionals serve as Project Managers and Project Engineers, Quality Assurance Field Inspectors, and Project Coordinators, who work as a project team that involves multiple stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of facilities that support the University's academic mission.
What we do:
DPM manages capital projects from conceptual project development, through design, permitting, construction and occupancy. We endeavor to plan and develop high-value, quality, long-term cost effective facilities and landscapes that enhance the teaching and research objectives at Stanford, embrace our partnership with the community and reinforce our stewardship of Stanford lands. Our Primary goals are:
- Cost - Deliver projects of long-term value within justifiable, benchmarked budgets
- Performance - Measure the process and outcomes
- Quality - Deliver buildings and landscapes that continue the tradition of high quality and enhance Stanford's distinctive sense of place
- Schedule - Deliver projects in a professional, timely manner
You are Stanford University's DPM Construction Quality Assurance Field Inspector (“QA/QC Inspector”) you will assist Construction Project Managers throughout each phase of the design, construction, and project delivery process. The focus of this position will encompass a broad spectrum of Mechanical. Electrical, Plumbing, BMS [Building Management System], IT, and associated systems. You will support multiple Project Managers on a wide range of projects at any given time. You will hold a professional position that is critical to the overall success of the organization.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Support Construction QA/QC Manager and Construction Project Managers for Stanford Land, Buildings, and Real Estate projects.
- Communication and coordination among many project participants within and external to Stanford University.
- Coordination and tracking of project systems such as Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Sprinkler and Alarm, Telecommunications, BMS, Site Utilities, or other Building and infrastructure systems.
- Field inspection and verification of trades as it relates to plans, specifications, Stanford Facilities Design Guidelines, applicable jurisdictional codes, manufacturer's installation requirements, etc.
- Coordinate Building Systems commissioning and project delivery with Construction Project Team, CX Agent, and SU maintenance and user groups.
- Attend and conduct required construction team and related coordination meetings.
- Perform design and constructability review of project drawings, and specifications.
- Coordination of documents between Stanford Consultants, Architects, Engineers, and General Contractors, and subcontractors. Perform reviews of project drawings and specifications to determine if there are code deficiencies, missing components or issues between the various disciplines. Review manufacturer's installation guidelines for compatibility and compliance of product installation.
- Attend BIM (Building Infrastructure Modeling) coordination meetings and insure clash detection is executed properly with special attention to ensure service access is provided for future maintenance.
- Manage contractor activities with other university departments (inspection walks, site logistics, shut downs, signage, etc.), track coordination and code issues.
- Update the Project Manager/Project Engineer Team of progress and issues encountered which could affect quality, schedule, or cost.
- As the QA/QC inspector representing Stanford University, there may be occasions requiring the need to proxy for the Project Manager/Project Engineer in meetings and management tasks.
- Project controls:
- Maintain project QC logs, field notes, and associated documentation.
- Monitor Building and MEPS permit status
- Monitor project schedules and work closely with the project manager and financial analyst to track budgets, update cost forecasts and investigate cost alternatives.
- Verify work associated with Change Orders.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as appropriate
To be Successful in this position, you will bring:
- A minimum of 10 years as a Construction MEPS coordinator or PE in related fields.
- High Rise Residential/Hotel Construction experience (this is of significant importance with the initiation of this position as this role will lead into commercial, residential, and specialty construction projects managed by Stanford University)
- Construction management degree
- Strong field experience and familiarity with a variety of building types and the California Building Codes; NFPA, and/or a related governing codes.
- You will possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact effectively at all levels with a variety of groups/persons, including end users, City, County, and State Building Officials, General Contractors, Architects, consultants, etc.
- You will be an independent, self-starter and will demonstrate the ability to take initiative.
- Proficiency in construction and document management software such as Plan Grid, Procor, BIM 360, MS Project, Excel.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- ICC inspector certifications are a plus.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency