Outdoor Center Coordinator
Outdoor Center Coordinator
Job Number: 80955
Job Family: Student Services, Job Series: Student Services
Job Code: 7501, Salary Grade: F
Career Level: Officer 1, Exemption Classification: Exempt
The Division of Health and Human Performance is hiring for a full-time student services officer. The ideal candidate enjoys working directly with students, faculty and staff to create a vibrant student life focused community, and is confident in explaining and upholding policy, implementing and improving current practices, and tracking the many details related to the Outdoor Center. We seek someone with outstanding communication skills, a talent for influence and negotiation, acute problem-solving skills, diplomatic savvy, a good sense of humor and a sharp mind.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Outdoor Programs the Outdoor Center Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the Outdoor Center functions of the Adventure Program.
Assist in making first level decisions on issues regarding the operations of the Outdoor Center. Resolve basic issues within the Adventure Programs unit using defined policies, practices, and supervisory knowledge as reference.
- Review and administer services, make recommendations, and influence decisions on routine issues regarding the rental program and its leadership.
- Collaborate with the Adventure Program Staff to approve and resolve complex issues related to the governance and operation of the rental program.
- Contribute to developing and analyzing the review process of offerings, policies, and services related to the rental program and the Outdoor Center.
- Collect and analyze data to prepare reports on user statistics, membership, and inventory control.
- Assist with the administration of financial processes.
- Maintain rental center and store inventory to optimize availability to the general public as well as course offerings.
- Develop efficiencies for inventory control and space management for equipment.
- Execute cleaning protocols for equipment prior to re-shelving as it is returned. Maintain records for chemical solutions for industrial cleaning equipment.
- Maintain library and resource center. Recommend new books and resources to be added.
- Ensure all computers and technology in the Outdoor Center are in working order.
- Collect and analyze data on store sales and patron requests to prepare reports used for purchasing and inventory control. Quarterly reports to be provided to the Associate Director for review.
- Maintain adequate inventory and documentation to keep the store operating smoothly.
- Manage and optimize retail space within outdoor
- Provide general guidance and counsel to students and contingent staff on policies, services, and planning for future needs.
- Apprise students of opportunities and participate in related student recruitment and selection for Outdoor Center leadership opportunities.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and coach other staff, volunteers, student, and temporary workers.
- Oversee the development of marketing materials and strategies for the Adventure Program, assist in planning and developing services, outreach functions, newsletters, and social media campaigns.
- Serve as a basic information resource to other departments, divisions, and units about Outdoor Center related support opportunities.
- Participate as a member of several project teams.
- Serve as the primary resource for Adventure Program related community events
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of current risk management practices in recreation and outdoor education settings, business skills necessary to manage and students,
- A general understanding of all recreation and outdoor education sports
- Ability to operate a vehicle for university purposes while possessing and maintaining an appropriate license.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 45 pounds.
- May work extended hours, evenings or weekends.
- May travel locally.
- Travel on campus to schools/units.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Recreation and Wellness, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency