Life Science Research Professional 3
Life Science Research Professional 3
Job Number: 80952
Job Code: 4953Job Grade: H
The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) focuses the world-class expertise of researchers and clinicians on the most critical issues in cancer research and medicine today. Multidisciplinary teams work to transform detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention discoveries into the most advanced patient care available.
Under the SCI, Stanford Center for Cancer Cell Therapy (CCCT) is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in management of cell therapy clinical trials to work on innovative T cell therapies for cancer treatment. The individual will be responsible for developing procedures required for efficacy and operational metric analysis associated with manufacturing T cell therapies both at internal Stanford facilities and external contract manufacturing facilities. The individual will participate in development and subsequent manufacture of T cell therapies with activities including, but not limited to document development, technology transfer and manufacturing in Stanford cGMP clinical manufacturing facility and external contract manufacturing partners, tracking operational metrics over time across internal and external manufacturing facilities.
The SCI for the CCCT at the Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Research Professional 3 to perform complex functions and activities involved in defined research projects, and independently conduct a major portion of the research project(s).
The laboratory will conduct clinical research focused on first in human studies of immune based therapies for the treatment of cancer including studies of engineered T cells using recombinant T cell receptors and chimeric antigen receptors alone and/or with other immunomodulators such as checkpoint inhibitors and modulators of the tumor microenvironment.
- Design research approaches for a major portion of research project(s), including background research, experimental design and execution, problem-solving, and writing up for publication.
- Develop new protocols; test and evaluate a variety of approaches.
- Perform complex (lab and/or field) experiments, and maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes; analyze and interpret research data resulting from original procedures and methods.
- Assist with new research proposals and applications for funding and grants.
- Lead or participate in multidisciplinary teams across different faculties or schools.
- Prepare periodic progress reports or written reports on all phases of the research project.
- Contribute substantively to the preparation of papers for publication, especially in the results section. May be a co-author on publications. Present ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences.
- Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new procedures and related research; propose new research directions based on new advances discussed in literature.
- Oversee supply and equipment budget under minimal supervision of principal investigator or business manager.
- Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies with regulations and all required trainings.
- Formally supervise and train new staff or students as needed, including hiring, performance management, and related duties, in addition to instruction on techniques and consultation on project work.
Knowledge and experience in cellular therapy clinical research management, immunology and molecular biology. Excellent communications skills. Highly organized.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and four years of relevant work experience; or Master's degree in a related scientific field and two years relevant experience; or PhD in related science field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- Expert level knowledge and skills in field of science related to research project.
- General computer skills, experience with databases and scientific applications, and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Developing project management skills.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders, sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous environment.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne pathogens.
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present.
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency