Faculty Affairs Administrator 2
Faculty Affairs Administrator 2
Job Number: 80941
Job Code: 4172Job Grade: G
Stanford University is seeking a Faculty Affairs Administrator 2 to provide analysis and guidance regarding faculty appointments, reappointments, promotions, and the search process for the Division of General Surgery within the Department of Surgery.
The incumbent will ensure compliance with school and university policies. Incumbent must have strong business acumen, ability to multi-task, be extremely organized & detailed, self-motivated; team oriented, and must hold masterful communication skills that allow high level interactions with a diverse academic and medical community.
For information on the about the Division, please visit: https://med.stanford.edu/gensurg.html
- Provide necessary operational support to search/review committees and to mentoring and/or annual counseling of faculty, and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Document and interpret policies and processes for contributors to the appointment/promotion form (chair, faculty lead, and candidate); review and edit all sections and make recommendations.
- Track search activities (e.g., collection of FASI data), and incorporate into search report.
- Prepare final version of appointment/promotion form, incorporating suggested changes from higher levels of review.
- Prepare offer letters, as needed, for the chair or dean, which may include gathering information from other offices.
- Serve as primary point of contact, as needed, in orienting new faculty to the department, school, and university.
- Oversee all faculty visa matters, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of experience working with administrative processes, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to learn university systems.
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher education strongly preferred
- Understanding of the organization of Stanford University Medical Center or similar academic medical center preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently sitting, stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; reach/work above shoulders; grasp forcefully; use a telephone.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Occasional extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency