Job Number: 80940
Communications and Multimedia SpecialistReport to: Lauren Hennessy, Office of Sustainability Classification: 3P2Job Family: Land, Building & Real EstateJob Code: 4431Grade: FExemption: Non-Exempt
Are you a creative communicator who can generate dynamic content about sustainability, environmental conservation, and higher education that is accessible and engaging for a broad audience? Are you a strategic thinker who can amplify the impact of content by shaping it for the right digital and media channels to drive participation and build community? Can you leverage partnerships to amplify your communications across a variety of avenues?
The Office of Sustainability (OOS) in Stanford's Department of Sustainability and Energy Management is looking for a skilled communicator who is versed in multimedia content production, to join its outreach team in support of the Sustainable Stanford brand and conservation programs on campus. This is a unique opportunity for an environmentally minded communicator to support a diverse portfolio and work with groups across campus to advance innovative sustainability programs.
As a Communications and Multimedia Specialist you will develop materials and partnerships to drive engagement in OOS's Cardinal Green programs and campaigns, and its individual action platform, My Cardinal Green. You will work with the Outreach Program Manager to plan and execute outreach strategies, and be responsible for creating dynamic supporting collateral in a variety of content forms and channels (web, video, print, social media). You will have adept analytical skills to evaluate these efforts, and understand emerging technologies that can help advance campus programs.
The Communications and Multimedia Specialist will:
1. Build brand awareness for Sustainable Stanford
- Develop, execute and manage multimedia content, including but not limited to print, web, graphic, and video, across multiple channels
- Develop flexible, adaptable content for partner use and dissemination
- Manage the Cardinal Green monthly newsletter, and graphic content creation
- Support content creation for the Sustainable Stanford website
- Manage Sustainable Stanford social media
2. Support My Cardinal Green program engagement
- Maintain oversight of the My Cardinal Green network and develop outreach materials to increase participation
- Partner with campus departments, student life offices and sustainability groups to promote program engagement
- Support sustainability trainings on campus and develop digital content in support of the program
- Manage the Sustainable Stanford Internship Program
- Serve as the primary point of contact for student sustainability groups and leverage partnerships to align priorities and projects
- Maintain and oversee student project database to facilitate living laboratory projects
- Conceptualize and plan campus-wide events that support sustainability programming
- Plan and execute the annual Celebrating Sustainability Earth Day Festival
- Manage the Cardinal Green Event Program
Applicants must have strong writing and graphic experience, solid knowledge of the current media/social media landscape, including web and video development. Successful candidates will be inquisitive and self-driven, able to plan and execute projects on a timeline, have good instincts for design and understand how to analyze and report on data.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Skilled in HTML/CSS, Drupal a plus
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Demonstrated multimedia experience
- Proven success in social media distribution and conducting data analytics
- Community engagement experience
- Experience working in an environmental/academic setting
- Highly organized; able to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated curiosity and the ability to bring projects to fruition
- Meticulous attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Strong MS Office suite skills
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro a plus
- Video design experience a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with team members and groups across campus,
- A balanced sense of environmental stewardship
- Familiarity with higher education organizational and operational structures, ability to objectively think through impact of initiatives in an institutional setting, a plus.
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency