Technology Licensing Associate 1
Technology Licensing Associate 1
Job Number: 80933
Office of Technology Licensing
Job Code: 4501, Grade: I
*This position will move to Stanford's Redwood City campus in 2019*
The Office of Technology Licensing at Stanford University seeks to fill two Technology Licensing Associate 1 positions. In this role, you will be mentored by experienced Licensing Associates, and will collaborate with inventors to evaluate and develop technology licensing opportunities and strategies, negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements and administer patent-related activities. This position assumes only limited knowledge of market assessment and intellectual property protection and licensing and will offer extensive on-the-job training in these areas.
The Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) was established in 1970 to manage the intellectual property assets of Stanford University. OTL evaluates, markets, and licenses technology owned by the University. OTL's mission is to encourage effective technology transfer for the public benefit as well as generating royalty income for Stanford to benefit research and education. OTL is one of the country's most active offices in the field of technology transfer from the university to industry. Our staff, most of whom are professionals engaged directly in licensing, manages over 3,000 active dockets.
With guidance from a group of experienced Licensing Associates, you will learn and progressively take responsibility for the following:
- Evaluate and analyze new invention disclosures, including initial review, participate in inventor meetings, identify and follow up on third party obligations, assess business opportunities and review and make initial assessment of invention patentability.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Marketing specialists and inventors on developing and implementing marketing strategies for new inventions.
- Participate in developing licensing strategies, identify and initiate contact with potential licensees, negotiate terms, prepare draft agreements, and close the deal.
- Administer patent-related activities including attorney selection, determination of geographies and timing for filing, instruction of attorneys following review of official actions and attorney work products, and case management of an inventory of inventions.
- Assist in monitoring license agreements, ensure compliance with diligence terms, prepare and execute amendments, and process terminations.
- Maintain and develop relations with licensees; monitor progress in licensed product(s) development.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum requirement is a B.S. in a scientific or engineering discipline
- An advanced degree in a scientific or engineering discipline and/or MBA and/or JD is preferred.
- Strong professional interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong technical training and analytical skills sufficient to gain a rapid understanding of new cutting edge technologies.
- Ability to learn how to influence and negotiate with internal constituencies and external business partners.
- Ability to take ownership of projects from inception to completion, including working with a team to develop and then implement patenting and licensing strategies.
- Ability to rapidly grow in knowledge and learn to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment and decision making, including in the context of only having access to limited or incomplete information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a large volume and prioritize a variety of tasks and demands.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn applicable business-related systems.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, use a telephone, lift, carry, push, pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely writes by hand.
Location: Dean of Research, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency