Diesel Technology Instructors
Diesel Technology Instructors
Job Title: Diesel Technology Instructors
Location: Santa Ana College
Position Type: Part time Instructor Pool
Posting Close Date: 11/26/2018
Teach all assigned classes, which may include evening or off-campus assignments unless excused according to Board Policy provisions. Maintain accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress. Assist in maintaining course outline for each assigned course. Be familiar with and observe the administrative regulations as they appear in the Faculty Handbook (flex calendar obligations, course overviews, etc.). Participate in department committees and activities. Will teach a variety of courses/levels within the discipline/area of study.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
• Possess from an accredited institution: Any bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's assignment; or any associate degree and six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's assignment. Professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a master's degree, OR
• Possess a valid California Community College credential authorizing service in the discipline, OR
• The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such).
• Experience teaching postsecondary diesel engines, heavy equipment, on-road medium and heavy duty vehicles and truck trailer refrigeration units, especially at the community college level.
• Demonstrated expertise in diesel engines, heavy equipment-related, on-road medium and heavy duty vehicles and truck trailer refrigeration training. Demonstrated occupational employment in diesel engines, or on-road medium and heavy duty vehicles and truck trailer refrigeration units.
• Experience working with Alternative fuel on-highway vehicles.
• T-Series ASE Certifications.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
• Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment including the use of multimedia hardware and software and on-line instructional techniques.
• Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for diesel engines, heavy equipment, on-road medium and heavy duty vehicles and truck trailer refrigeration units.
• Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in the field. • Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
• Desire and willingness to put in the time necessary to make the educational program successful.
• Professional certification in diesel engines, heavy equipment, on-road medium and heavy duty vehicles and truck trailer refrigeration units.
• Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management of online course information.
• Ability to teach in a technologically rich environment.
• Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
• A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
• Resume (Required)
• Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
• Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)
To apply, visit: https://rsccd.igreentree.com/CSS_Academic/CSSPage_Welcome.asp
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency