Senior Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst
Los Rios Community College District
Senior Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst
Job Posting Number: C00747P
Salary: $8,713.55 per month
Closing Date: 11/26/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/9967
The Senior Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst is a Network and VoIP Administrator and is a senior systems and database administrator who performs the most complex activities within the scope of the IT organization. Incumbent typically specializes in several overlapping technical areas and/or has broad overlapping architectural responsibilities and may lead multiple projects while also administering several production system components. The Senior Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst operates with minimal oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
This position is assigned to the Information Technology Department.
• Evaluates, designs, installs, customizes, optimizes, and monitors network route.-s. firewalls, intrusion detection systems, data loss prevention systems, end-point and server protection software and other data security systems.
• Designs, implements, and administers the security components of complex enterprise wide, local and wide-area network management systems, including Virtual ocal Area Networks (VLAN), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
• Maintains network device patching methodologies consistent with accepted standards and procedures.
• Provides technical leadership, direction and assistance to district information technology staff on complex issues involving network and data systems security.
• Analyzes and monitors network data security systems to assure a balance of user access and data security concerns.
• Performs upgrades and installations using coordinated change management methodologies and procedures.
• Uses diagnostic equipment and extensive network server, application, and workstation monitoring programs to detect malicious activity and to research possible violations of policies.
• Remains cognizant of evolving state and federal laws and mandates regarding the protection of critical personal data and privacy.
• Maintains working knowledge of current industry information, vendor direction, new products and technical architectures/approaches related to needs.
• Writes specifications for acquisition of new network data security hardware and software.
• Analyzes, recommends and maintains accurate records of network security hardware, software and configurations.
• Manages and maintains all network security scans and penetration tests, including remediation support and follow-up.
• Maintains a daily log of activities related to data security hardware and software problems, temporary circumventions and reconfigurations.
• Manages and maintains primary district-wide DNS (domain name system).
• Advises and trains staff on approaches for ensuring the security of District networks, systems and data.
• May lead team or individual junior network administrators.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
The department maintains a focus on:
• Plans, tests, and implements upgrades to network and data security software and hardware.
• Analyzes specifications and design criteria for network data security programs and devices and makes recommendations for new or revised data security architectures, applications, and equipment.
• Installs and uses network systems management software to monitor data security systems at multiple sites.
• Participates in periodic disaster recovery tests involving network hardware and software.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and six years of experience directly related to the job duties; OR, a Bachelor’s degree and eight years of experience directly related to the job duties; OR, an Associate’s degree or a network administration certificate and ten years of experience directly related to the job duties.
Promotional: Two years as an Information Technology Analyst II in the Los Rios CCD. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.