Manager of Marketing Technology
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Employer Relations and working closely with the Director of the Office of Career Strategy, the Manager of Marketing Technology will serve as the OCS point person to Yale College, Yale’s Office of Institutional Research, the Office of Development, and the Yale Faculty of Arts & Sciences for data collection and reporting of Yale College summer and postgraduate outcomes. This role will work closely with faculty and departments across Yale to assist with the analysis of OCS data needed by departments for internal and external reporting, including reaccreditation of academic programs and grant requests. The role will also work closely with the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to plan consistent data collection efforts of graduate students and postdocs.
The Manager of Marketing Technology will create and deliver a range of services to enhance employer engagement options resulting in new employment opportunities for Yale College students, GSAS students and postdocs. These services will include tracking and reporting on job market demand, usage of Yale career services, and hiring data for student populations served using in-house data and public sources.
The Manager of Marketing Technology will manage the technology initiatives of OCS including an Artificial Intelligence BOT, multiple technology vendors for specialized career services, and the OCS career management system (Symplicity) which reaches all Yale University students and alums including maintenance updates, upgrades and enhancements, and customizations. The role will provide training to the professional schools on the use of the Yale Career Network, Yale’s alumni career database, maintained in Symplicity.
The role will develop a marketing strategy for employers (by industry) including the design, creation and management of the distribution of regular communication to stakeholders to promote employment opportunities and events, and highlight noteworthy accomplishments of Yale students, alumni and OCS.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree and 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability using digital media best practices; graphic design; data visualization.
- Highly proficient with marketing tools for content creation, marketing automation, collaboration, video, content distribution and lead generation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with faculty, staff and students. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Highly organized and deadline driven with the ability to anticipate and proactively solve problems.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to use the following software: Adobe Creative Suite, Advanced Excel, Tableau, database software. Familiarity with CRM practices and tools.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Master's degree preferred. Master's degrees in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources strongly preferred.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2Q0Ncc5. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.