Massage Therapist (part-time temporary)
Job ID 14783
Location UW Eau Claire;Eau Claire, WI
Full/Part Time On Demand
POSITION: A part-time, temporary university staff position is available in Recreation and Sport Operations beginning November 1, 2018. The working title for this assignment is Massage Therapist. Position can average up to 10 hours per week and is dependent on client requests. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected hourly hiring salary is $25.00/hour.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Massage Therapy
• Certified and licensed Massage Therapist with proof of credentials
• Demonstrated ability to build client relationships
• Minimum 6 months of experience working with massage clients
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
This part-time temporary position identified by Recreation and Sport Operations Department at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire serves as a Massage Therapist. Massage Therapists can expect to have a flexible work schedule; any time that works seven days of the week, with times ranging from 6am until 9pm during the academic year. Please note that Therapists are able to pick availability that fits their schedules within the aforementioned available hour’s i.e. work when it’s convenient for you.
Principle Duties & Functions
• Excellent communication with Recreation and Sport Operations Office Manager and office students to schedule clients
• Collecting payments or gift certificates at the time of the massage, and making sure the payments and gift certificates are communicated to the Recreation Office Manager
• Massage appointment increments are: 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and 60 minutes. 90 minutes may be scheduled with prior approval of the Massage Therapist
• Collecting health form from client and reviewing it at the start of each appointment to individualize client needs
• Changing sheets after each appointment
• Special event chair massage program on campus. Therapist would provide own massage chair; special event incentive pay will apply
• Massage appointments are only available to University Wisconsin-Eau Claire Faculty, Staff, students and their spouses/domestic partners
THE UNIT: Recreation and Sport Operations consists of 9 professional staff members and currently employs two other LTE Massage Therapists. Information about the department can be found at www.uwec.edu/recreation.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Massage Therapist position (Job ID # 14783) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Proof of Certification/licensure
• Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Brittany Wold; [email protected]
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 4:00 pm on October 15th. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-penings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.