Facilities Services Event Support Lead
Facilities Services Event Support Lead
Posting Number: R0001770
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.Instructions for Applicants: Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.Position Summary:Candidate performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties as assigned by Facilities Services Support Leadership to provide support for University events and other custodial duties associated with the position. Candidate will be performing assigned duties within a team oriented work environment to effectively and efficiently provide support for event operations. Candidate must be service oriented and be able to work harmoniously with other staff, faculty, students and visitors on Campus while performing the duties of this position. Assignments of duties may vary depending upon the tasks required to be performed on any given day. Must be flexible to work various shifts as assigned by the Assistant Director/Support Services.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Able to perform job duties as assigned by the Facilities Services Support Leadership in an efficient and professional manner within given deadlines to assure University event preparations are properly organized, set up, and supported. Once the event has concluded, must be able to carefully secure and store event equipment, clean up, re-setup facility furnishings for the next scheduled use, and perform other custodial/housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Able to work independently and harmoniously with all staff in a team oriented work environment to maintain the high standards of the University for Event Support.
- Must notify supervisor on duty in a timely manner of any equipment or facilities needing repair or replacement.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits, utilizing safety equipment as required and immediate reporting of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Provide exemplary customer service at all times.
- Must be able to calmly and effectively assist in emergency situations.
- Typical job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following daily tasks:
- Prepare facilities and rooms for specific events as directed by the Facilities Support Leadership.
- Work with and provide quality control for student groups setting up, taking down and storing event equipment such as ASWU stage, for student events.
- Attend production coordination meetings.
- Coordinate event setups/needs with contractors and suppliers.
- Apply for and secure event and tent permits.
- Keep electronic records and databases of event setups, equipment inventory and locations.
- Assist Facilities Services Staff as assigned.
- Move furniture and equipment as required to perform duties of the position or as requested by supervisor.
- Provides coverage as assigned for other Facilities Services staff that are out due to illness, vacation, or other otherwise not able to perform their duties.
- Complete work requests as assigned by Facilities Services Support Leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Customer Oriented - Takes care of the customer's needs while following University procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task, in advance if possible, and maintains a clean and uncluttered work area.
- Shift Flexibility - Is available to work whatever shifts are necessary to support an event.
- Tactful - Shows consideration for and maintains good relations with WU faculty and staff, as well as with off-Campus users of the facilities even when situations are tense.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion best practices.
Experience: One to three years of experience in event support preferred.TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE:40 hours flexible / Tuesday-SaturdayPHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:Ability to frequently and safely lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to work from ladders and grids up to 50 feet in height and catwalks suspended from the ceiling. Ability to work extra hours, alternative shifts and flexible hours as needed. Sensitivity to safety hazards and ability to promote safety as required, including the Hazardous Communications rules/regulations, Willamette University's Safe Working Policy and OR-OSHA. Ability to communicate both orally and in written English, understand and follow oral and written instructions and schedules, fill out work order requests, and keep records of materials used. Ability to work without direct supervision as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students. An employer-paid pre-placement physical is required. This position is subject to a criminal conviction check.Ability to work for extended periods of time while walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting objects up to 50 pounds, and pushing/pulling heavy carts of equipment while often exposed to dirt, dust, obnoxious odors and inclement weather in areas sometimes dimly-lit. Often requires traveling from building to building outdoors and routinely traversing steps / stairs.You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Facilities-Services-Event-Support-Lead_R0001770
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency