The Department of Shared Services provides a wide range of business, administrative and support services to faculty, staff and students in a high quality, highly effective and highly efficient manner. It supports the teaching and research mission of the University by enabling faculty, staff and student to access and transact support services easily and readily. The department provides successful leadership and management of infrastructure functions delivering effective, efficient and value-adding services, systems and processes to the institution that are directly aligned to internal customer needs.
The Recruiter reports directly to the Manager of Recruiting Services and will work closely with the other Recruiter on the team. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the full cycle recruiting process for staff and faculty positions at the University of Denver. The full cycle recruiting process includes but isn't limited to partnering with hiring supervisors and search committees to develop a recruiting plan, attend search committee meetings, recommend advertising sources, screen applications, create and review interview questions, communicate with applicants, conduct background checks and close out recruitments.
Oversee the recruitment and selection process for staff and faculty positions including:
- Serve as a consultant to the hiring supervisor and search committee throughout the recruitment process.
- Work with hiring supervisor on developing a recruiting plan.
- Recommend advertising sources.
- Support diversity recruitment efforts by working with the Associate Director of Equal Opportunity.
- Create and review job postings.
- Screen application materials when necessary.
- Create, review and provide feedback on interview questions.
- Manage the background check process.
- Manage the applicant tracking system (ATS) including emailing applicants and changing applicant statuses.
- Close out the recruitment once the hire has been made.
- Retain recruitment materials to ensure compliance.
Other recruiting activities include:
- Represent the University of Denver at external job fairs.
- Recommend advertising methods including social media, job boards and networking to the Manager of Recruiting Services.
- Pull recruiting data from the ATS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, agility, urgency and follow through.
- Knowledge and ability to apply EEO principles to recruitments.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years of full cycle recruiting (creating recruiting plans, screening applications, conducting interviews, etc.) experience.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems.
- HR certification (e.g. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. May require some evenings and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, November 19, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Marcy Cozzens, Manager of Recruiting Services at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
You must submit a cover letter and resume to receive full consideration.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.