Director of Development
This position is responsible for directing the university's fundraising efforts.
- Makes personal cultivation and solicitation calls on prospects and donors.
- Coordinates the cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospects; organizes special events; develops recognition opportunities.
- Develops and manages a major donor and planned giving program.
- Develops and manages the donor recognition plan.
- Develops a strategic multi-year fundraising plan.
- Manages all special project fundraising initiatives.
- Plans and organizes university and foundation events.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of development and fundraising program management principles.
- Knowledge of best practices in the development and implementation of capital campaigns.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and methods.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices involved in the solicitation and securing of major gifts.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Vice President assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include university policies and procedures, University System of Georgia policies and procedures, the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and Donor Bill of Rights, Council for Advancement and Support of Education standards, and the Board of Regents naming policy. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied duties in the management and direction of fundraising campaigns. The variety of tasks to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to manage and direct university fundraising efforts. Success in this position contributes to the successful raising of private funds in support of university operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university personnel, faculty, staff, students, elected and appointed officials, representatives of other colleges and universities, alumni, business and community leaders, representatives of the Board of Regents, bankers, attorneys, accountants, members of the news media, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to motivate or influence persons, or to justify, defend or settle matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over assigned personnel.
- Master's degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required.
- More than three years of related experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.