PT Anthropology Instructor
PT Anthropology Instructor: Chabot College Anthropology department is seeking to expand its part-time instructor pool. We are specifically looking for an Anthropologist who is well versed in all aspects of Anthropology, and has experience teaching Biological/Physical Anthropology (Anthropology 1), Biological/Physical Anthropology lab (Anthropology 1L), and possibly Forensic Anthropology (Anthropology 13). EOE.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in anthropology or archaeology OR Bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND Master’s degree in sociology, biological sciences, forensic sciences, genetics or paleontology OR the equivalent.
The instructor shall:
- Have experience teaching college-level courses in Biological Anthropology.
- Be able to teach college-level courses in Social/Cultural Anthropology and Archaeology.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well with students of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds; immigration status; gender identities, sexual orientations; and students with disabilities.
- Adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and abilities.
- Be willing to teach day, evening, off-campus, and online classes, as needed.
- Develop online courses, as needed.
- Interact successfully with others, including Anthropology colleagues and other Social Science colleagues.
Application Requirements: Please send district application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts. (District application found on HR Website at www.clpccd.org/hr).
Contact Information: Cheryl Sannebeck at [email protected] (510) 723-6670