Adjunct Faculty, Government
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College-North Harris-Greenspoint Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Greenspoint Center is a state-of-the-art, full-service satellite center designed to serve the greater Greenspoint area. Its proximity to local businesses and public transportation has created a location ideal for working and non-traditional students. The facility offers a selection of day, evening and weekend credit courses, including university-transfer courses, certificates, computer/office skills, and developmental studies.
Campus address is 250 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E. Houston, Texas 77060-2009.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
- Teaches Government courses at a variety of times and locations
- Submits timely required college reports and forms
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines
- Advises students in academic matters
- Provides timely, quality access to students via electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress
- Maintains professional relationship with students, colleagues and the community
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Mastery of course content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to incorporate technology into the classroom.
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning.
$41.75 per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Hours will vary depending on class time. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Master's Degree in Political Science/Government or Master's Degree with 18 graduate hours in Political Science/Government; JDs and MPAs must have 18 graduate hours in related Political Science/Government courses.
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 250 N Sam Houston Pkwy E (0102) , 250 N Sam Houston Pkwy E , Houston , 77060
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC Greenspoint Center - 0102
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Transcript 1, Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Sep 7, 2018, 12:44:59 AM