Part-Time Coordinator I, Facilities Projects
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP's vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP's "Invitation to Innovate" (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
The Coordinator I, Facilities is responsible for coordinating work activities and communications among various physical plant departments (uses radios, pagers, phones, and other electronic devices), receiving and prioritizing requests/orders and dispatches personnel across campus, coordinating and facilitating bid processes with external vendors, and creating and maintaining a variety of Facilities files, tracking systems, office equipment, and records.
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of assigned area. Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of area and acts as Subject Matter Expert and general point of contact within the area of specialty
- Creates and submits a variety of reports related to assigned department. Performs research and analysis to assists with preparation and presentation of findings. May make presentations at various levels both internally and externally
- Some positions may assist with maintaining compliance of processes and documentation
- Assists with training and monitoring of department staff. Schedules and prioritizes work activities and develops and organizes training materials
- Assists with evaluation of programs and makes recommendations for revisions to processes and procedures, with a focus on continuous departmental/process improvement. Assists with development of new programs
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Assists with planning, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within the department. Submits requisitions and follows up with reconciliation documentation
- Monitors and maintains website for department and external use
- Assists with entering and tracking the department budget
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to prioritize own work and work of others
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple activities, projects and priorities at same time
- Strong working knowledge of PC's and office software, and the ability to learn new software including spreadsheets, word processing, and databases
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain confidential information
- Ability to use communications equipment such as two-way radios, pagers, telephones, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to calm customers in crisis/emergency conditions
- Ability to document expenses and prepare and analyze reports
- Excellent customer service skills
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
$14.42 per hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are Word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 Highway 249 - LSC University Park (0800) , 20515 Highway 249 , Houston , 77070
Organization: LSC University Park - 08
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018, 11:26:42 PM