Part Time - PC Technician I
Commitment to Mission:
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive. Kingwood, Texas 77339-3801.
• Students Matter
• Inspire Excellence
• Act Intentionally
• Better Together
• No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Copy from the list at the end of the template
Under general supervision, the Technician I supports and maintains minor in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. He or She is responsible for Level I installation, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all minor hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Install, configure, test, maintain and troubleshoot minor/Level I end user workstation hardware
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems
- Help develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Some working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including Windows or Mac OS, Microsoft office, printers, Ethernet cabling, basic multimedia systems, email applications
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there maybe some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma or GED
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Kingwood
Work Locations: 20000 Kingwood Dr (0200) , 20000 Kingwood Dr , Kingwood , 77339
Job: Office of Technology Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2018, 12:42:27 AM