Director of Assessment
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Director of Assessment
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The position will be responsible for implementation of a comprehensive program of assessment including design support and administration of assessments in the basic and clinical science courses, application of best practices in assessment, and faculty development to support best practices in assessment.
The Director of Assessment will report to the Assistant Dean of Assessment, Evaluation, and Education Research
Depending on supervision skills and experience of the incumbent and the future needs of the Office of Medical Education, this position may supervise one to two professional employees.
The Director of Assessment will plan and lead test development and improvement activities. These include tasks such as item writing training, integration of advanced statistics into item reviews, leading standard setting committees, analyzing test reliability and validity. The incumbent will contribute to the creation of a program of assessment to monitor student progress in the core outcomes for graduation. This position will conduct research studies to identify risk factors for individual students. The incumbent will write and edit reports independently, present results to high-level audiences as requested, and lead and participate in scholarly projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Use psychometric and statistical analyses to create and improve test reliability and validity with both multiple choice tests and performance assessments (e.g., simulations, standardized patients and work assessments)
- Conduct faculty development mini-courses on blue-printing, item writing and test interpretation
- Implement classical test theory, generalizability theory, item response theory, differential item analyses, and factor analyses to evaluate and improve tests
- Conduct Delphi and standard setting studies
- Design and support research studies related to test development and use
- Collaborate with Offices of Admissions, Evaluation and Student Affairs to assure best practices in assessment
- Conduct quantitative data management and analysis using SAS and/or SPSS
- Collect and analyze qualitative data
- Write technical reports summarizing findings
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Doctoral degree in educational measurement, psychology or related field or Master's degree and extensive work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse teams
- Must be eligible to hold an appointment at an Assistant Professor level or above
- Doctoral degree in educational measurement, psychology or related field
- Experience working in a Medical School
- Knowledge of simulations and performance assessment
- Experience conducting item response and differential item analyses
- Experience writing technical reports
- Experience providing feedback to examinees and test users using direct feedback systems (e.g., portfolios, dashboards)
- Experience managing others
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15089
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20038 - SOM-DEAN EO UME
Posting Date: Nov 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gretchen Guition
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756167