Senior HR Consultant
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Human Resources - Employee Relations & Performance
Senior HR Consultant
Position #755688 - Requisition #15091
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Human Resources - Employee Relations & Performance team has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior HR Consultant position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
This Senior HR Consultant position provides generalist responsibilities in the areas of Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management and managing compliance requirements. It also supports key administrative units including Executive Vice Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and Human Resources offices.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provides human resources and payroll support for personnel.
- Involved in recruiting, hiring, performing payroll transactions, entering biweekly and monthly timesheets.
- Coordinates search procedures for faculty and professional exempt positions utilizing CU Careers (Taleo).
- Utilizes PeopleSoft for hiring new employees and updating and approving appointments.
- Establishes department procedures to ensure that all forms and supporting documentation (IRCA, Social Security, payroll and benefits) are completed and the data needed for payroll for university staff and classified staff and students is submitted on time.
- Tracks leave usage.
- Responsible for accuracy and reconciliation/correction of pay.
- Serves as the liaison to the CU System Employee Services department for the identified administrative units being supported.
Note: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $55,000 to $70,000, and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources management, public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field
- Two years of professional level experience in employee relations, talent acquisition or performance management.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- A master's degree in human resources management, public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
- Three (3) years or more of professional level experience in employee relations, talent acquisition AND performance management in a higher education, state and/or municipal government environment
- Experience providing HR support directly to executive-level positions
- Experience providing payroll support
- Master's degree in human resources management, public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by November 12, 2018. Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: Nov 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755688