Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities. Supports assigned leaders, departments and/or units.
- Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
- Sends out emails, creates memos, makes copies, prepares and proofreads correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested
- Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed, by securing space, equipment, food, and assisting with the event as it occurs as needed
- Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
- Monitors and assesses office stationary needs and orders supplies and other essential items, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in administrative problem solving
- May provide assistance with records management function including filing, imputing data, tracking and archiving files.
- Establish and maintain office files and correspondence.
- Manages reception desk and serves as a resource for all faculty, staff, students, and guests visiting the office and provides assistance as needed; Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
- One (1) year of relevant administrative, office or clerical experience
- Experience proving administrative support for a large team
- Previous experience in higher education preferred