Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Plastic Surgery
Posting Date: 11-02-2018
The Department of Plastic Surgery, in the University of Virginia School of Medicine, seeks an Intermediate Administrative Assistant to provide general and clinical administrative support to multiple physicians in the department of Plastic Surgery. Duties include a wide array of tasks not limited to the following: securing dates on the Chair's calendar for meetings, research, patients, and travel. Incumbent coordinates correspondence and prepares documents upon request, files, takes meeting minutes, coordinates travel arrangements, collaborates with faculty and staff inside and outside of the department, multiple professional organizations, clinicians and researchers. Clinical duties include scheduling patient appointments and surgeries, obtaining scans and patient records, and filing and patient correspondence, telephone reception, and customer service and support services to the clinical team.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four years of administrative experience. An Associate's degree and experience in a medical office environment are preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to self-motivate are essential to success in this position.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continuation of funding.
This position will remain open to applications until filled.
To apply for this position, please visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search on posting #0624430 or visit: https://jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85968. Complete an Application online, attach a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three references.
For information related to this posting, please contact Amy M. Morris, at 434-982-4589 or [email protected] .
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent organizational skills.
2. Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
3. Proficiency in computer applications.
4. Ability to make decisions without supervision
5. Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
6. Demonstrated excellent customer service and phone skills.
7. Excellent keyboarding skills.
8. Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with physicians, staff, and other customers.
9. Demonstrated discretion in handling confidential matters.
10. Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
12. Ability to evaluate and apply information and provide advice.
13. Strong working knowledge of administrative procedures.
14. Ability to analyze and present information.
15. Knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
16. Ability to self-motivate.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85968