Clinical Research Coordinator
Working Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases
Posting Date: 11-05-2018
The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, is seeking candidates for the position of Clinical Research Coordinator, Non-Licensed. This posting is for a position in Wise, Virginia. The position works with the Principal Investigator and other key personnel on the Conquering Hepatitis C via Micro-Elimination project in Southwest Virginia. The position entails developing and maintaining a database to track key patient and provider outcomes; scheduling and performing interviews with patients for ethnographic case studies; and scheduling and conducting interviews with clinic staff for program evaluation. The position collects, records and verifies data; conducts chart reviews; performs basic statistical analysis, both quantitative and qualitative; collaborates with Principal Investigator on all matters; implements or updates processes as needed; assists PI in preparation of presentations both at the University and at regional or national meetings; composes segments of reports to present to Principal Investigator; conducts literature searches and identifies and helps to institute new methodologies. Travel throughout the Lenowisco region is required.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree with at least one year of public health or nursing experience and/or training; more than two years of experience is strongly desired. A Master's Degree is preferred. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail and to identify and resolve problems while working with a diverse community of people is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, written and organizational communication skills. The ability to maintain confidentiality is a must. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continued funding. The position is funded through a 2-year grant from Gilead.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
2. Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
3. Proficient keyboarding skills.
4. Ability to sort and compile data.
5. Ability to learn new information under the supervision of others.
6. Ability to work with a diverse community of people.
7. Ability to relate to people in a wide variety of professional levels.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
10. Ability to work in a detail-oriented manner using excellent analytical skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to learn the organization, policies and procedures associated with clinical research.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
13. Knowledge of federal and state policies and procedures governing clinical research.
14. Skills in coordinating and prioritizing multiple complex activities and time-limited tasks.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85976