Facilities Manager - College of Applied Health Sciences (104253)
College of Applied Health Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Applied Health Sciences (AHS) includes the academic departments of Kinesiology and Community Health; Interdisciplinary Health Sciences; Recreation, Sport, and Tourism; and Speech and Hearing Science. There are approximately 2,200 students and 71 faculty in the College. The College is also the administrative home of the Division of Disability Resources and Educational Services; the Center on Health, Aging, and Disability (CHAD); and the Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education. The College's mission is to advance research, instruction, and public engagement that promotes the development of healthy, livable communities, facilitates optimal living with disability and promotes health and wellness across the lifespan.
The College of Applied Health science seeks candidates for a Facilities Manager position to serve as the primary building contact and is responsible for the effective management, operation, and security of AHS facilities. This position works under administrative supervision of the Associate Dean for Administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Coordinating Facility Use
- Coordinate Timetable and classroom assignments
- College contact/resource for ARCHIBUS verifying space surveys, as well as managing room assignments
- Assist in coordination of remodeling and room preparation needed for new faculty
- Assist in coordination of remodeling and room preparation for wet and dry labs and grant/ contract project spaces
- Manage college room reservation system
- Revise college guidelines for room reservations and fees
- Assist in planning college conferences, seminars, or presentations, as requested
- Assist/serve as resource for unit and departmental managed relocations
Facility Business Functions
- Order furniture for college administrative offices, classrooms and seminar rooms
- Consult on furniture and equipment orders for college and units
- Assist with college wide annual inventory
- Assist with catering request and contracts, as requested
- Coordinate sending furniture and equipment to campus surplus or to be trashed
- Process work orders with F&S for routine maintenance, urgent needs and small renovation projects for college administration and consult with units on their orders
- Coordinate the issuance of work orders for external contractors
- Manage work room functions: poster printing and annual departmental charges, order/ stock supplies and copiers, coordinate equipment maintenance/repairs
Security and Safety
- Manage college key system
- Manage PROX/ Swipe card access
- Coordinate completion of facility audits
- Coordinate storage and/or disposal of Confidential materials
- Coordinate logistics with outside entities to ensure safety and access of building occupants during sporting or other special events hosted by others outside AHS.
- Primary college USC
- Represent college on appropriate campus committees and meetings, as requested by Associate Dean for Administration
- Assembles facilities data for College Budget Office
- Prepares recommendations for facilities improvements
Other Duties as Assigned
Three years of experience in the management of building maintenance and/or custodial operations that included remodeling and space/facility utilization, one year of which included supervisory experience in one or more of the above.
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures regarding budgets and expenditures.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, letter generation, and e-mail communication.
- Ability to act with initiative and make independent decisions with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Positive interpersonal skills to participate as team member, teach others new skills, satisfy customer expectations and concerns and exercise leadership.
- Effective communication skills to relay messages, ideas and opinions.
- Accurate written communication skills, including sentence structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation required to enable the employee to perform corrections of those items in letters, manuscripts, etc. and the ability to read and understand written material and extract important points.
- Ability to communicate with and obtain cooperation from personnel in other offices.
- Ability to plan work with changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Facilities Manager position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after November 19, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (transcripts or diploma) by November 19, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Robbin King, [email protected] or 217-333-2129.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Applied Health Sciences
Title: Facilities Manager - College of Applied Health Sciences (104253)
Open Date: 11/05/2018
Close Date: 11/19/2018
Organization Name: Applied Health Sciences Admin