Assistant Director of Strategic Engagement - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advanc
Assistant Director of Strategic Engagement
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Strategic Engagement for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement. This position will engage, solicit, and steward Illinois alumni and prospects.
The University of Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. Distinguished by the breadth of our programs, academic excellence and an internationally renowned faculty, Illinois serves our state, our nation, and our world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement is charged with building relationships with our constituents and generating diverse resources that facilitate Illinois' academic, research, economic and public services excellence. Advancement brings together professionals in marketing, communications, alumni relations, and development to lead these efforts across the Urbana-Champaign campus.
Assistant Director of Strategic Engagement
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Engagement, the Assistant Director of Strategic Engagement is responsible for piloting a digital gift officer program and piloting a crowdfunding program that will drive giving and engagement among our vast audience of alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff. The Assistant Director of Strategic Engagement will work with Annual Giving and Stewardship teams to ensure their efforts are in alignment with the overall engagement, solicitation, and stewardship plans of the OVCIA.
- Launch a digital gift officer program using digital platforms to develop individual relationships between alumni, friends and the University of Illinois.
- Make 100 leadership annual giving level ($1K+) solicitations each fiscal year.
- Launch a crowdfunding program for the University of Illinois, using this fundraising platform to engage new donors around discreet projects.
- Create personalized digital engagement content and communication by maintaining awareness of student/faculty accomplishments, fund usage, and donor impact across campus.
- Craft written responses to address donor questions and concerns regarding campus issues and policies.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Preferred: Master's degree.
- Minimum of one to three years of professional experience in higher education advancement.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and the ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple projects.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success delivering high quality work while insisting on high standards for others throughout campus advancement offices.
- Basic knowledge of higher education administration.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Familiarity with large databases.
- Prove familiarity with social media.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Rights which is endorsed by the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The starting date is negotiable after the closing date.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by September 5, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Katie Walker, [email protected] . The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
Title: Assistant Director of Strategic Engagement - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (100911)
Open Date: 08/22/2018
Close Date: 09/05/2018
Organization Name: Ofc VC Inst Advancement