8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $87,200
Under the supervision of the Business Operations Manager, the Project Specialist is responsible for fostering an environment that promotes and maintains productive and positive working relationships with open channels of communication and collaboration, is welcoming of diversity and is consistent with UCR policies and procedures. The Project Specialist will provide consultation, project management, and data analysis to CBS management on a wide variety of projects for departmental growth and development. PLEASE NOTE: Business and Administrative Services career employees at UC Riverside who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of candidates from within the organizational unit is not identified, qualified candidates from the campus, UC system, or external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department.
Proficient in ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Proficient in communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrates ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Working knowledge of common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs.
Working knowledge of applicable policy analysis techniques.
Proficient in ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Demonstrates ability to analyze, research and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
Knowledge of modern spreadsheet software.
Knowledge of cross-functional task and document tracking software (i.e. Trello/SharePoint).
Knowledge of asset/package tracking software.
Knowledge of project management software.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview