Global Communication Specialist - Illinois International Programs (104955)
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Global Communication Specialist
Primary Position Function:
As part of the Global Communication team, the Global Communication Specialist will actively contribute to the storytelling activities and provide overall communication support to Illinois International and its units. The Global Communication Specialist is responsible for the management of Illinois International's social media platforms, development of dynamic print materials, and writing impactful stories about the international experiences of the University's students, faculty, and staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the social media platforms of Illinois International.
- Write stories for Illinois International's website, newsletter, and social media.
- Design dynamic print materials for Illinois International.
- Manage event logistics, promotion, and evaluation of promotional activities for major outreach events undertaken by Illinois International, including the International Achievement Awards Banquet.
- Draft Illinois International's quarterly newsletter.
- Manage communication projects, including identifying project details, setting deadlines, and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Implement the Illinois International/University brand and marketing strategies on all materials and media.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of media, outreach, and marketing through the use of data analytics and evaluations; prepare reports and recommend/implement changes based on evaluation findings.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the following categories:
(A) Bachelor's degree in public relations, advertising, marketing, communications, organizational leadership, graphic design or other closely related field.
• 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
• 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
• 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
(B) Progressively more responsible professional experience in areas such as, communications, promotions, public relations, marketing, journalism, sales and/or the preparation of advertising materials for mass media or other closely related field.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, organizational leadership, graphic design or related field.
- Progressively more responsible professional experience in areas such as communications, promotions, public relations, marketing, journalism, or other closely related field.
- Experience using social media platforms and knowledge of the best practices associated with using these platforms.
- Superior written, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and enthusiastically with diverse individuals in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience designing print materials.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience working in an international office and/or studying abroad.
This is a full-time Civil Service Publicity Promotion Specialist position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the deadline. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (transcripts or diploma) by November 26, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
507 E. Green St, Suite 409, MC-417
Champaign, IL 61820
email: [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illinois International Programs
Title: Global Communication Specialist - Illinois International Programs (104955)
Open Date: 11/05/2018
Close Date: 11/26/2018
Organization Name: IPS Admin