Administrative Assistant - Women's Health
8AM - 5PM
$47,001 - $67,401
This position has a dual reporting relationship whereby the incumbent will work operationally with the department chair for the department of obstetrics and gynecology / division director, gynecologic oncology and administratively report to and support the department finance and administrative officer (FAO). The administrative assistant provides administrative coordination and programmatic support on a wide range of issues, projects, programs, academics and on matters of importance to the school of medicine (SOM) and UCR Health.
Represents the SOM / UCR Heath in a professional manner, exercising sound judgment, tact, and the utmost discretion. Have thorough understanding of the priorities and expectations of leadership and take these into account in coordinating schedules. Manage all aspects of the chair's business. Strategize and advise in university communications, meetings/travel schedules, campus and community events, etc. regarding the leader's role as it applies to each situation.
Please note that job requires local travel between UCR clinical sites and affiliate institutions.
A minimum of four years of work experience performing administrative duties.
Demonstrated experience and good working knowledge of MS Office Word, Outlook & Excel.
Excellent organizational skills to work in a multi-function office with minimal supervision. Skill in researching questions and making appropriate contacts for problem solving. Ability to handle sensitive material and information with confidentiality and discretion.
Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, changes in assignment, pressures of deadlines and competing requirements.
Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, grammatical, typing, proofreading, and interpersonal skills. Ability to pay close attention to details and maintain strict confidentiality. Dependable writing and editorial skills to accurately produce letters.
Experience with patient billing and/or electronic medical record.
Experience working in a healthcare / clinical environment.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview