HR Staffing Specialist
The Staffing Specialist will collaborate with Ambulatory Services leadership & Position Review users to support position requests and entry, hiring and the onboarding processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Serve as Position Review administrator for UKHC including Position Review Committee support.
• Coordinating the hiring process from the point of position request entry through onboarding of the new employee.
• Customer Service through the delivery of effective communications to hiring managers and hiring process coordinators regarding proper procedure and timelines. Compliance through assurance that all assigned position requests and/or Employment requisitions are successfully completed per department standard operating procedures (SOP), related UK policy and procedures and relevant state and federal employment laws.
• Developing talent management metric reports for Ambulatory Services.
HR Staffing Specialist
HR Staffing Specialist, Ambulatory
3J510:Human Resources Administration
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Perform work in a sedentary position; report to meetings at different locations both on campus on off campus; interact with individuals from various levels throughout UKHC.
Primarily Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (40 hours/week).
We are seeking an individual with initiative, superior customer service focus, team oriented, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships, and expertise in the full Microsoft Office Suite. A successful candidate will also have HR professional knowledge, the ability to multi-task with a strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail. Solid time management, problem solving, critical thinking, follow-through, and planning and organizational skills are all critical to the success in this position and a high level of respect for confidentiality and diversity are a must.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer degree in human resources, business or related field. Prefer significant work experience in a human resources office with a focus on candidate hiring and selection and new hire onboarding.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of positions per month in which you were responsible for managing the hiring process.
- More than 0 positions, up through 25 positions
- More than 25 positions, up through 50 positions
- More than 50 positions, up through 75 positions
- More than 75 positions, up through 100 positions
- More than 100 positions
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have in a formal Human Resources unit/division/business?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please list computer programs or applications with which you have extensive knowledge/experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter