The Department of Pediatrics-Twilight Clinic seeks a Registered Nurse to provide clinical care to the pediatric population (infants-18 years of age) with acute/immediate healthcare needs (similar to an urgent treatment clinic).
7H668:PEDIATRICS - ADOLESCENT MEDICINE
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
lifting, pushing, pulling objects up to 50 pounds
Sunday-Saturday, variable schedule, 40 hours per week, will include evenings/most weekends (weekends will be day shift for total of 4-6 hours)
Customer service, time management, prioritization, delegation, critical thinking, telephone triage skills, ability to respond quickly/appropriately in stressful situations.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BSN plus 2-3 years related experience preferred..
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Do you have experience in patient care in a hospital, clinic or medical office?
- * Do you have experience working with adolescents in a medical setting?
- * Do you have advanced certifications such as PALS, ACLS ?
- * Please describe your paid work experience as an RN (Registered Nurse).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- Latinos in Higher Education
- A colleague, friend, and/or family member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter