The Clinical Dietitian performs as a member of the interdisciplinary team, and is responsible for the evaluation, coordination, and implementation of the nutrition care plan for patients; providing education and counseling to patients on their nutritional needs; ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient use of resources; performing duties in compliance with performance improvement plans, TJC, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies; serves as a nutrition educator for students, medical staff, health professionals, and/or the general public. This position will cover a population of medicine patients including stroke/neuro at Chandler Medical Center.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
Clinical Dietitian - Medicine
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Registry Eligible Dietitian
The physical requirements for this position include regularly standing/walking with objects up to 10 lbs., as well as sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time (and performing tasks with repetitive motions).
Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00am - 5:00pm; occasional weekends and holidays required.
The skills required for this position are strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as technical, counseling, time management, computer, and critical/analytical thinking and understanding capabilities. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently; prioritize and delegate; set and meet deadlines; problem-solve; is flexible and adaptive to change; customer service-focused; and facilitates learning and provides constructive feedback.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
At least one year of clinical dietetics experience preferred; CDR and KY Licensed Dietitian highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Registered Dietitian or eligible to become registered within 6 months of hire?
- * Do you have a current Kentucky License as a Dietitian or are you eligible to obtain one?
- * How much paid experience do you have in clinical nutrition and education?
- More than 0 years, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your dietitian experience within a hospital setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter