Cluster Hire for Assistant, Associate or Professor in Cancer Immunotherapy/Tumor Immunology (Multi-
Open September 6th, 2018 through August 26th, 2019
The University of California Irvine (UCI) Department of Physiology and Biophysics invites applications for a full-time academic appointment at the Assistant, Associate or Professor levels, which will confer membership in the UCI Academic Senate. The department seeks a PhD, MD, or MD-PhD who will establish an independent, extramurally funded research program in tumor immunology or cancer immunotherapy. The successful candidate pursuing basic or applied research in this area will be one of several new positions being created as part of a multi-investigator cluster hire initiative at UCI that will enhance and expand existing strengths in the area of cancer immunotherapy. The initiative aims to create a synergistic, interdepartmental research group that utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to understand the role of the immune system in regulating tumor growth and metastases. The program will leverage outstanding existing resources and strengths of UCI Health, School of Medicine, the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (CFCCC) (http://www.cancer.uci.edu/), and partners across the UCI campus. These include the Cancer Research Institute (http://www.cancer.uci.edu), the Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center (http://stemcell.uci.edu), and the Institute for Immunology (http://www.immunology.uci.edu). In addition, candidates will be expected to support institutional and departmental teaching and mentoring of medical and graduate students. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and expectations.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Professor Eric Pearlman, Ph.D. Search Committee Chair; Director of the Institute for Immunology, 3032 Hewitt Hall; University of California, Irvine, CA, 92697-4560.
Applicants should complete the application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
Please apply to: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04917
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary of research interests (up to 3 pages)
- Summary of teaching philosophy
- Names and contact information for 3-5 referees
- PDFs of 3-5 recent publication
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Your opportunity to enhance your application packet.
- Statement of Research - Your statement may include a research plan, brief description, and/or scholarly interests.
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now