Fire Suppression/Extinguisher Tech
Requisition Number S1643
Position Number 998662
Position Classification Title Electronics Specialist
Functional Title Fire Suppression/Extinguisher Tech
Position Type Staff
This position will be required to perform skilled work in the maintenance of Fire Extinguishing Devices, Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems. This position may be assigned to a specific system or may work with multiple systems. Examples of equipment/systems maintained by this Electronics Tech include Fire Alarm Systems and Fire Extinguishers and other systems as assigned. This requires knowledge of NFPA and other life safety systems codes and standards. Most work is performed under direct supervision of the Lead Fire Alarm Tech.
This will be a second shift position with normal working hours of 3:00-11:30pm. Work hours may be adjusted to first shift (8:00am-4:30pm) for training purposes.
Fire Extinguisher Inspection - 40% Maintenance of Fire Extinguishers and Life Safety Equipment - 30%
Repair of Fire Alarm Systems - 20% Record Keeping and Administration of all Testing and Inspections of Fire Extinguishers - 5% Safety and Health Management - 5%
ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE IN ELECTRONICS; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
NICET Level II or higher
Three to Five years' experience in Fire Alarm Maintenance/Inspections
Fire Extinguisher Maintenance/Inspection Experience
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $31,888-$40,032
Org #-Department Utility Operations - 56406
Work Hours of Position 3:00pm-11:30pm, M-F
Job Family Operations and Skilled Trades
Competency Level Contributing
Open Date 10/19/2018
Close Date 11/23/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 65
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- Do you have at least five years experience in the field of fire and life safety?
- Do you currently have a valid drivers license?
- No Response
- Do you have NICET II Certification?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu