Regional Admissions Recruiter (Boston)
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date September 6, 2018
Position Title Regional Admissions Recruiter (Boston)
Vacancy # TEMP#090618BOS
Department Student Development and Campus Life
Division Student Development and Campus Life
*** This is a temporary position. *** Montclair State University is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Regional Admissions Recruiter. Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Regional Recruiter should be based in the greater Boston area. The Regional Admissions Recruiter will work closely with prospective students and families while attending college fairs and coordinating other admissions and recruitment events on behalf of Montclair State University. The incumbent will also conduct outreach and provide information regarding admissions and programs to interested students, families, school guidance counselors, and school administrators. This is a 30 hour/week, 8-month position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the University at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment events throughout the Boston area from September - May.
- Coordinates travel to programs and events in assigned recruitment territory.
- Develops and maintains relationships with high school and community college counselors and other school, agency, and community officials.
- Serves as primary contact and provides exceptional customer service to interested parties via phone and e-mail.
- Delivers presentations and represents the University at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment events in the assigned territory and elsewhere as needed.
- Advises prospective students in regard to the application process and enrollment procedures throughout the inquiry, applicant, admitted, and enrollment phases of the admissions funnel.
- Conducts outreach to prospective students to encourage attendance to campus events including Open House and Accepted Students Day.
- Identifies opportunities for increased recruitment and engagement of targeted populations for enrollment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Candidates should live in the recruitment region.
- Must have schedule flexibility and be available for evening and weekend programming.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with full-time access to a vehicle.
- Must be able to load and transport admissions materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills are required.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- One year of related experience in admissions/higher education or as a student ambassador/school/guidance counselor with advanced knowledge of outreach and admissions activities, customer service and higher education specific software.
- Ideal candidates should have strong interest in working in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated comfort using technology and software related to the recruitment of undergraduate students, including but not limited to Banner and Slate.
- Fluency in a language other than English is desired.
Commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION