Administer and proctor examinations for AACC students, prospecitve students, community members, and certification candidates. This position must respond to student needs, use ADA technology, and provide support and customer service to students, staff, faculty, and community members.
Title: Testing Specialist
Position ID number: 375
Posted Date: 08/09/2018
Job Category: Staff
Department: Testing & Assessment Services - HTCC
Position Status: Full-Time Staff
Salary Range: $34,379-$42,974
- Administer and score placement tests. Includes interviewing, assessing, and counseling students concerning background, test results, and course placement, as well as referring any students to college resources as appropriate.
- Administer makeup, hybrid, online, special exams, and exams for other schools which entails ensuring testers receive appropriate exam material, monitoring testers during exam, and reporting any irregularities or misconduct as needed
- Administration of certification testing including CLEP, Pearson Vue, Castle, MAT, Certiport, and TEAS. Test Specialist are required to acquire and maintain proctor certifications for these exams.
- Provide special testing accommodations for students with disabilities including special technology, reading/scribing, and other accommodations documented from the DSS office.
- Serve as liaison between students, faculty, and staff concerning testing problems or special needs.
- Completion of tasks to support office function including logging exams, scheduling exams, telephone coverage, email response, and maintenance of files
- Data entry when necessary in student information system. Verify all placement records in student information system before administering placement tests.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience is required
- Working knowledge of computer databases, word processing, and computerized scoring
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, and weekends at all four test centers and off-site locations
- Ability and willingness to deal effectively with students, faculty, and staff while providng exemplary customer service
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing procedures, federal, state, and college regulations governing testing services and of college resources and curriculum requirements
- Esperience working in an education setting
- Experience with test administration
- Ability to type accurately at moderate speed and perform data entry functions accurately
- Ability to multi taks and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of federal lawas and state regulations governing the delivery of services to students with special needs
- Working knowledge of FERPA
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday and occasional Saturdays
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae