The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine's Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for planning and executing the CME's marketing tasks as well as accounts payable and receivable tasks. Also, the Senior Program Coordinator reports to the Director of the Division of Continuing Medical Education and provides support for courses managed by the Division. This position works closely with CME managers and University of Miami faculty to sustain operational excellence by building relationships with local constituents and is responsible for the marketing efforts, processing payments, and documentation for all aspects of the course planning process.The duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Under guidance and supervision of the CME Manager, plans and coordinates CME symposia and courses from inception and evaluation to completion of final reports.
- Assists in preparing ACCME annual reports, PARS, and other special reports as required to maintain up-to-date accreditation.
- Participates in meetings between program the Program Director and CME Manager on a regular basis to meet on and communicate program information and planning.
- Assists in streamlining the course planning process by proposing new ideas and building in new tools to better utilize the systems used by the Division.
- Serves as the first point of contact for all vendors.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Consistently records detailed course expenses and income to ensure fiscal success, including, but not limited to, creating purchase orders, sending payments to accounts payable, payment follow-up with accounting and vendors, and vendor invoice processing and payment.
- Processes speaker honoraria and travel reimbursement for each course.
- Works closely with the CME Manager to enter all course information into dashboard budget and in the respective course folders in the CME electronic shared drive; uses existing systems/programs to effectively maintain records.
- Assists the CME Manager in executing negotiated hotel contracts including room rates, determination of date availability and meeting room space, food and beverage selections, group concessions, hotel deposits, rooming list management, and assisting the CME Manager in the review and processing of the final hotel invoice.
- Liaises with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns.
- Plans and executes initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, email, television, etc.).
- Coordinates and compiles program content for brochures and course collateral including objectives, faculty information, agenda, hotel information, CME required elements, and registration information.
- Creates, maintains, expands, and scales CME and course websites.
- Undertakes individual tasks of each course's marketing plan as assigned.
- Manages the on-site registration desk and assigns registration duties/tasks to staff.
- Arranges pre-event and on-site logistics to ensure delivery and set-up of event functions, including general sessions, workshops, dinners and special events, shipment coordination and distribution of meeting materials, registration packets, etc.
- Prepares the course syllabus for printing.
- Sets-up and helps coordinate the recording of live presentations for Grand Rounds sessions in conjunction with the Grand Rounds Coordinator.
The minimum qualifications for this position are as follows: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Education, Health Science, Public Health, Nursing, or a closely related field of study. At least three years of related work experience. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate attendance at meetings on the weekends and during the week. This position requires adaptability and flexibility to altering demands and therefore work hours. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as Publisher. Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and public speaking skills. Outstanding multi-tasking and problem solving skills to ensure multiple and complex projects are accomplished successfully and on time in a fast-paced environment. High quality customer service skills. Ability to enter and verify information accurately and efficiently with attention to detail. Ability and willingness to travel locally for various CME events and stay at the designated venues for the duration of the activity. Ability to engage and assist and to work closely with faculty, administration, and external agencies with minimal supervision. Ability to be self-directed as well as collaborative. Strong data entry skills. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.]]>