Manager, Training & Development
Manager, Training & Development
Job Number: 80889
Job Code: 4632Job Grade: J
Stanford University is seeking a Manager, Training & Development to assess, design and develop learning solutions to support overall curriculum. Develop strategies for addressing department and customer training needs, develop instructor-led courses, participant and instructor materials, online performance support solutions, and evaluation. The trainer is the primary educator for Clinical Trial Research Process Managers (CT RPMs) and provides basic training to RMG and CT Contract Officers as they achieve a competency level appropriate for acquiring and maintaining certification level I and II signature authority. The CT RPM trainer is also a University clinical trials budgeting institutional representative with delegated certification level I and II signature authority for the School of Medicine. The CT RPM Trainer reports to the Associate Director of RMG. The CT RPM Trainer is a member of the Management Team and a professional staff member, promoting a collaborative model of stewardship and is an advocate for a responsive, effective research administration process.
- Assess target audience business needs to determine learning and performance support needs.
- Develop learning plans and as needed change management and communication plans. Ensure appropriateness, effectiveness and success of learning programs.
- Proactively consult with subject matter experts to identify and formulate learning objectives and content.
- Draft storyboards and prototypes.
- Design and develop course content, instructor and participant materials, including performance support materials.
- Design learning and performance support solutions. Implement, evaluate and maintain learning solutions.
- Develop and deliver Train-the-Trainer programs or faculty development programs.
- Share best practices through cross campus collaboration and instructional design community.
- May manage internal and/or external teams, schedules and budgets.
- May identify strategy for production, post-production, and delivery resources, tools and equipment necessary for the development of learning materials.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and seven years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in consulting with, business partners and subject matter experts to assess learning needs and recommend high-impact learning solutions and learning curricula.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying instructional design theory, models, and best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency using instructional design tools such as learning project plans, design documents, learning hierarchies, storyboards, prototypes, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all members of a learning team, vendor partners, and business partners to create a learning environment that is service oriented, supportive, engaging and effective for adult and nontraditional learners.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in industry standard tools such as authoring tools, digital, graphics media, audio, animation and video production tools to create impactful courses.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the effectiveness of learning materials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and succinctly convey learning content in a manner that engages learner and improves learning retention rates.
- Experience integrating online learning courses/certification programs with one or more learning management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups and individuals at any and all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated skills in project management of learning development projects involving eLearning authoring, audio, video, and text production and post-production, including product evaluation and testing.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a computer; use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, write by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
- Travel on campus to schools/units
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency