Job Number: 80844
Development Coordinator, Job Code 4289, Classification F, 100% FTE, Non-Exempt
School of Engineering, External Relations - Individual Giving
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
School of Engineering website: https://engineering.stanford.edu/
The External Relations Office of the School of Engineering at Stanford University is seeking a Development Coordinator to support the School's Individual Giving Team. If you are a highly responsive, organized communicator who can support the team responsible for growing philanthropy in the School of Engineering, then this role may be perfect for you! In this role, you will directly support the Senior Director of Development to provide outstanding office support and a full range of administrative services. The Stanford School of Engineering is known as the “birthplace” of Silicon Valley, with many entrepreneurs and philanthropists having been born right here, at Stanford. The External Relations team nurtures continuing partnerships with these and many other individuals in substantive ways in order to strengthen their ties to the School of Engineering, and enhance their willingness to provide financial support of the school.
General administrative responsibilities include:
- Provide project and administrative support. Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, including maintaining the calendar for the Senior Director of Development.
- Assist development staff in the many stages of design, publication and production of fundraising materials, development procedures, while acting as a liaison between field staff, development administrators, volunteers, donors, and university officials.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events and donor cultivation, as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate simple reports using the university external relations database. Package post meeting and call reports on interactions and meetings.
- Research and contribute to background briefings on visiting individuals. Prepare presentations and spreadsheets for internal and external audiences.
- Originate purchase requisitions, expense reimbursements. Review and track funds and report on use of gifts, as assigned.
- Build a network of relevant contacts, and stay informed on current university initiatives and activities. Help with events and other fundraising projects and programs assigned by supervisor.
- Understanding of and support for the goals and objectives of the fundraising operation and the External Relations operation more broadly. (Knowledge of fundraising techniques helpful.)
- Familiarity with Stanford processes and systems desired.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application. Your one page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency