Finance and Administration Specialist
Finance and Administration Specialist
Job Number: 80787
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Biomedical Informatics Research is seeking a Finance and Administration Specialist (Administrative Associate 4) to provide complex administrative/operational support with minimal supervision. May be responsible for overseeing other administrative staff or subordinates.
The successful candidate will support a broad research program aimed at advancing the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence in healthcare. You will support a dynamic research team of 20+ individuals ranging from Summer Interns to board certified doctors and PhD Computer Scientists who aim to bring machine learning to the clinic, safely and ethically. The successful candidate will be a core member of the team that runs the http://greenbutton.stanford.edu project, which is the country's first service to use routinely collected data on millions of individuals for providing better care. You will help enable the use of technology for better compassionate care at Stanford, as described in http://stanmed.stanford.edu/2018summer/artificial-intelligence-puts-humanity-health-care.html.
The successful candidate will be the go-to person for all operational questions related to the research program and will act on behalf of the PI in regard to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving administrative problems. For example, you will oversee scheduling, organizing, and operating of complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing events within budget. The successful candidate will be overseeing a consolidated annual budget of $2.5M across 15 projects and help the PI with proposal submissions, budgeting, forecasting and monitoring expenses. You will be responsible for a variety of complex financial transactions; producing, monitoring, and reconciling budget statements; researching, identifying, and resolving discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection. The successful candidate will also manage the on-boarding as well as track access to, and compliant usage of, large patient data sets for new group members.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial research editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) without prior consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems. Make recommendations based on reports.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- In conjunction with financial lead and/or principal investigator, assist with sponsored project research proposal submissions and post award administration.
- Responsible for leading the administrative functions of a program/unit.
- Ability to manage complex calendar scheduling
- Possess financial skills
- Use of Microsoft Excel and Google docs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and six years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Proven success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Series: Administrative Associate
Job Code: 4104
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency